5.07.2012

Laser Quest


Pew! Pew! Pew (That’s the sound of a laser gun, not the sound someone makes when it smells bad in here)!
My adult friend, Lars!
Because I’m an adult with adult friends I went to play laser tag at Laser Quest in Fullerton for my friend, Alex Herrera's birthday. AND IT WAS AWESOME.
We didn’t do the birthday package, we didn’t even make a reservation – and there were a lot of us AND it was a Saturday night. We just walked in and signed up. One pays $9 per person, per game (that might be a group rate, I’d call for more details). Each game is 20 minutes long. We waited only about 25 minutes before we got to go suit up (put on a vest with blinking lights). Oh, and you get to make a code name with a print out at the end of the game saying how many times you hit “ManBoy12” and how many times “TinkerTart33” hit you at the end.
“You guys wanna hear some uh, some techno when you’re in there or um… some Star War-“
“STAR WARS!!! OMG!!! WE’RE NERDS. GIVE US JOHN WILLIAMS OR WE WILL TAKE YOU HOME TO OUR MOMS’ BASEMENTS AND MAKE YOU WATCH US REENACT THE MOVIES FOR YOU!”
So, we won and got to listen to the Star Wars score while we were in there (my favorite part).
Room full of boys name choice fail
There were maybe twenty in our party which means that there were a few straggling children (easy targets) in our midst and one freaky dude who I’m pretty sure lives there and might be 108 years old but perfectly preserved at around 40 because of all (I’m assuming) the black light exposure.
Then, one gets into the dark warehouse-sized room and romps through the terrifying black plywood maze shooting one's friends. There’s an upstairs that got overrun by children during our first game. That move made us nerds so angry that we complained to each other about it later. That’ll teach those stupid children. Ruining our adult fun.

Because I’m a coward, my strategy is to find a nice, dark corner to nestle into, then defend, defend, cry a little, and defend! One time I got tricked out of my safe little corner by the creepy old laser dude (who promptly disappeared (maybe he’s a ghost?)) to find it had been swiftly reoccupied and I was a wreck! But, aha, I formed an alliance and we were victorious (that’s a lie, we were destroyed)! But I learned how not to be afraid and just have FUN! PEW! PEW! PEW! Something smells in here…

No comments:

Post a Comment